Friday 20 January 2012

Friday 20 January 2012

Read Psalm 119:9-16

 

Your word I have hidden in my hart, that I might not sin against You.

Psalm 119:11

 

Have you ever had a guilty conscience?  I guess we all have, and it’s not a good feeling.  But we should be thankful for our conscience because it is a gift from God.  It helps us to make good choices or to correct bad ones.

 

But how does conscience know what to make us feel guilty about?  Where does it get its information? Much of it comes from our upbringing or from society.  That’s why it is vital to know the Bible.  It gives us god’s view of right and wrong.  It arms our conscience with truth, and it strengthens us to resist the rationalisations of a decadent society.

 

A young man who had been a Christian only a short time was sent to Asia for a military assignment.  He was surrounded by temptation and open invitations to sin,  No one back home would ever know.  When he got back to the states, he said “I’m so glad I studied the Bible before I went. When you’re 10 000 miles from home it’s easy to think you’re 10 000 miles away from God.  But the Scriptures and my conscience were my source of strength in resisting temptation.”

 

Thank you God for your conscience.  Arm it with the truth of God by learning His Word.  You’ll be  glad you did—wherever you are!-Dave Egner

My conscience must be well-informed

From God’s own sacred Word,

For conscience may be much deformed

When standards pure are spurned. -Fraser

 

Conscience is a trustworthy compass if the Word of God is our chart.

 

Prayer:

 

¨ Continue to pray for our Government, Local, State and Federal that all of the Christians in politics will be bold to stand up for Christ and His values

 

 

1 comment: