Friday 25 March 2011

Friday March 25, 2011

Read Daniel 9:20-29. 1 John 3:21-22. 1 John 5:14.  John 9:31

Knowing that God will hear our prayers in the thick of the jungle is a great source of confidence.  If only I could be sure that God will be there and hear when I call out to Him. If only we can be sure that when I really need Him, God will come through. If only.... Have you ever found yourself thinking like that? Have you ever procrastinated with such thoughts? Yeah, me too.

The reality is that I can be sure that God will hear me and answer my prayers. The reality is that God will never leave me nor forsake me. He will never let me down. That is not akin to saying that God will always and immediately do what I ask Him (or sometimes sinfully demand Him) to do.  God is not bound by my agenda.  He will do what He wants, when He wants and how He wants. He will always act righteously. He will always be just and fair and holy.  When I pray to the Lord from the depths of the flood, I can be assured of this. Even when overwhelmed I can be confident in the Lord.  Paul the apostle was being persecuted and attacked for His faith. He declared boldly and confidently, ‘The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and deliver me safely to His heavenly Kingdom’.  Job, when he lost everything, except his nagging wife, declared that the Lord is righteous. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away but even so, the Lord is to be praised!!!  The Lord will deliver you. The Lord will hear you. He will answer your prayers. Trust Him and march forward today. Step out in faith and find out for yourself just how reliable God is. Seek the Lord while He may be found and call on Him today.

Throughout my more than two decades of walking with the Lord I have seen Him answer prayers in the extremes. Sometimes He answers immediately and more than I expected. At other times He has waited. The result has always been to His glory, to His credit even if I couldn’t see it at the time. Be encouraged, God hears. God listens. God answers!   As we read in Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Prayer:-

þ Pray for our Session and Pastor as they lead us and guide us and take oversight upon us. Pray that they will be wise men filled with the Word and the Spirit. Pray that God would protect them from the wiles and temptations of the evil one.

þ Pray that the Committee of Management would be wise in its use of funds. Pray that God would grant them the ability to maximise every dollar spent and the ability to bring glory to the Lord and growth in His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment