Friday 16 September 2011

Friday 16 September 2011

Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-27

“I Hurt For You”

If one member suffers, all the members suffer with it. -1 Corinthians 12:26



When my son were young, one of them stubbed his toe and grimaced with pain. Seeing him trying bravely to bear the agony of those moments, I said, “Son, I’m truly sorry. My toe hurts for you.”



Lifting his head, he looked at me and responded, “Dad, your toe doesn’t really hurt, does it?



No, I didn’t sense any physical pangs, yet I did share his suffering. I even wished his ache could somehow be transferred to my body.



The apostle Paul said that all believers in Christ are part of “one body” (1 Corinthiams 12:13). And if one part suffers, “all the members suffer with it” (v.26).



Are you grieving when a brother or sister in Christ is in trouble? Does it bother you when a believer stumbles into sin and is bought under the chastening hand of the Lord? Do you experience sorrow of heart when a child of God is passing through the deep waters of affliction and trial? If not, ask the Lord right now to help you become the kind of person who can share the heartache of others and sympathise with them.

Yes, to every Christian we meet who is in some kind of distress, we should be ready to say from our heart, “I hurt for you.” -Richard De Haan



The hurting one’s need sympathy,

They need to know we’re there;

A quiet word, a tender touch

Assures them that we care. -D. De Haan



Empathy—your pain in my heart.





Prayer:

V Pray for the school chaplains, with the constant struggles that the students share with them, that each chaplain would all be given God’s imparting words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment