Saturday 17 July 2010

Saturday July 17, 2010

Read Psalm 113:1-9

Upside down worship. Back to front worship. That’s how we often think about out worship services. We can fall into the trap of thinking that our services are about me and my needs. We can go to church with a consumer mentality, shopping for our own needs to be met. Churches that fail to meet my needs or make me happy or entertain me are struck off the list.

Psalm 113 gives a great corrective on true worship. Worship is about praising the Lord and living for Him.

Tomorrow we will sing praises to the Lord, but I must give my entire life to the Lord in worship. I live to praise Him in word and in deed. I live to bring glory to my God in word and in deed. I exist not to be ministered to, to be served or to be fallen over but to serve the Lord my God. I exist to bring praise to Him by serving others and by ministering to them.

Tomorrow we will gather to “worship” the Lord but worship doesn’t end when we walk out the doors. Worship is only beginning. Our meeting should encourage and motivate us to worship God with our entire life. Our gathering should push us to be righteous and holy and God pleasing throughout the rest of the week. Our worship is a foretaste of heaven and should be motivating all that we do.

Prayer:-

  • Pray that our gathering tomorrow will be acceptable to the Lord. Pray that He would walk among us and do great things among us.

  • Pray that the church meeting in Iran would be a powerful witness to the love of Jesus. Pray too for the Iraqi church


Do It Today

Prayerfully consider how you will contribute to the gathered body tomorrow.  Ask God what He would have you give or do.

No comments:

Post a Comment